Monday, December 17, 2012

Illuminated

A couple weeks ago I went with some friends to Colonial Williamsburg's Grand Illumination.  It's weird that, despite the fact I've lived in this area my entire life, there's so much I haven't done.

Well, at least now I can check that off my list.  We had a blast (no pun intended... or is it!?).  We were sitting so close to the fireworks that ash was literally raining down on us, which in hindsight is a little bit frightening.  But I did get a chance to play around with the "Fireworks" setting on my camera for the first time! (I know, I know, I'm a bad blogger who doesn't shoot in manual.  I'm getting there!)


And look at that face! My friends' son is THE coolest kid ever.  I hope one day my own little nuggets come out half as awesome as him.  I love how concerned he looks - like he's figuring out the physics behind those fireworks.

In other news, Ryan and I leave for Indianapolis tomorrow for Christmas!  I will attempt to make updates from my phone, but you people should know by now I make no promises.

Happy Holidays, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment