Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Something Has Got to Give

I've talked a little bit on the blog about trying to get healthy or work out more, but it's been very, very little.  And for a reason.

Like 99.99% of American women, I'm not happy with my body shape.  And, like a lot of women out there, I would rather just bitch about it and try to wish away the cellulite than actually DO anything about it.


That right there pretty much sums it up.  But lately, I've been really frustrated with and disappointed in myself when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle.  Why do I keep making these excuses?  Why don't I just get up and move my ass?  I swear, if I spent half the time working out as I did looking at healthy recipes and workouts on Pinterest, I'd look like Jamie Eason by now.

Orginally I thought it was the impending bikini weather that has started to make me really look critically at all that cellulite (I mean seriously, my rear has more dimples than a golf ball!), but I realized that's not it at all.  In reality, it's because Ryan and I want to start a family soon.  I've heard all kinds of "horror stories" about women who gain 40, 50, or 60 lbs during their pregnancy, and frankly, I'm terrified.  If I were to gain 50 pounds, it would put me over the 200-lb mark and that is a number I don't want to get anywhere near.  So it's time to really commit to this.

And what better way to commit to weight loss than to plaster pictures of your chunky butt all over the internet for everyone to see!?


Jesus, the width of my thighs makes me cringe.  Can we just not look at the area between my waist-band and my knees?  Kay, thanks!


So what am I gonna do about it, you ask?  Well for one, start eating clean and eating right.  I'm notorious for having a cup of coffee in the morning because it staves off my hunger until 2 pm or so, and then I'm out the door for work.  I usually only eat one meal a day, and that's between 8 and 10 pm when I get off work.  And by then I'm usually so starved that I eat whatever is big, rich, and covered with butter.  Yeah, there's a reason I can't walk down the aisle of a school bus without turning sideways.

And as for movin' and shakin', I've had Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD for a while now, and I'm planning on finally cracking open the case.


Oh, and to make this even MORE embarrassing, let's include some "before" stats, shall we?

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 154.2 lbs
Clothing Size: 8-10
Bust: 37.5"
Waist: 29"
Hips: 43"
Bicep: 11.5"
Thigh: 24"

So there you have it, folks.  I'm just gonna end this blog post now before I get any more red in the face or lose the courage to press "post."

No comments:

Post a Comment