Thursday, March 21, 2013

Five Things

For everyone stopping by from Jessica's blog today, welcome!  I've seen the "Five Things" post floating around blogland, and what better way to introduce myself than to throw out five random facts about the weirdest person I know (me)?  So, here goes:


one.  I am so not good at having my picture taken.  Seriously, a camera-shy blogger?  I can just see how this is going to turn out...  I have about five pictures of me that I don't hate, the other ones feature crossed eyes, a mouth half-open, a double chin I didn't know I had, or just a general look of dumbassery.  Also, I feel like a total fool whenever I try to take a self portrait.  How do people overcome camera shyness even when they're the only one in the room?  Is there a support  group for that?

two.  I've been playing drums and percussion for fifteen years.  Don't let Jessica's casual "Oh yeah, she's in a band" fool you, because I am not cool.  I never did the rock band thing (which is what everyone assumes when I tell them I'm a drummer).  In fact, I studied jazz in college, and focused more on vibes than I did drum set.  I even arranged and got to lead a big band tune my last semester.  The band I'm in now?  It's a bag pipe band.  As in, old guys wearing kilts and being totally adorable while I bang away like Animal the Muppet on a field snare.  Yes, I have a kilt.  No, there aren't any pictures of me in it (yet).  Yes, it is AWESOME!  Told you, I am so not cool.

three.  I have the foulest mouth of anyone you've probably ever met.  I dial it back (way back) on ye olde blog here, because I like to think that my anonymous readers think I'm a classy broad and I have an image to keep up.  Also, I think we all know that the f-bomb is so much classier dropped in person than it is in writing.  But don't let me fool you.  I'm pretty well-versed in the four letter words.  Especially when I'm stuck in traffic.

four.  I've been married twice.  To the same guy.  My husband, Ryan, and I eloped last December in a moment of insanity (or maybe it was a moment of lucidity?).  We didn't have an actual wedding with friends and family until nearly a year later.  Don't worry, it confused all of my coworkers and acquaintances when I started sending out invitations. "Wait, aren't you already married?"  Truth be told?  As great as our wedding was, if I had it to do all over again, I think I'd just stick with the elopement.  Weddings are stressful, man.

five.  I can lick my elbow.  True story.  I got one of those stupid emails freshman year of high school that said it was physically impossible to lick your elbow, and that 98% of the people who read that email would try it.  Well, I tried, and succeeded.  Turns out I'm pretty flexible in the old shoulder joints, and I have a 3.5-inch long tongue.  Don't judge me, you know you'd measure that thing too if you found out you could lick your elbow.

Well, those are the five least lame things I can tell you about myself.  Thank you so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. That's cool that you learned to play the drums! We've had our moments in band as well (and not A band, more like band for school), ha. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Casey! I'm intrigued by the idea that you wouldn't necessarily do the big wedding again, I've been contemplating what to do with our own nuptials and I've been thinking about cutting out the big part too... Hmmm. Anyhoots, glad I stopped by!

    xo,
    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our wedding was really stressful, mostly due to the fact that we did EVERYTHING ourselves. My mom cooked all of the food, I and my bridesmaids helped decorate the reception venue the day of, and my husband and his crazy drunk groomsmen DJ'ed. Even though our friends and family had a great time, my mom and I were frazzled and I barely got to spend time with my husband because we were kind of directing the affair. So I think that if I had the money to pay someone to do everything for me, I'd do it again. But I wouldn't do OUR wedding again.

      BUT, some of my favorite memories are of the ones of my mom and I planning everything out. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm the same way with pictures! I hate when someone else is behind the camera, but if I set my camera timer on for some outfit photos I can totally ham it up ;) What a gorgeous picture though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bag pipe band = cool in my book ;)
    And I'm super impressed that you can lick your elbow! I'm jealous.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally just tried to lick my elbow and I failed. And now my hubby thinks I'm completely insane.

    http://www.etsystalkers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That is so awesome! I feel like maybe I should have given this post a warning label?

      Delete