Friday, August 24, 2012

Day Two

Today's breakfast.  Is it just me, or does my plate look like a really happy cyclops?

Good morning, love muffins!
I learned a few lessons yesterday, the primary one being that I do NOT like being hungry.  My blood sugar gets low and I start getting cran-kay.  As in, I may have flipped out a little on my husband when he didn't give me half of his cheeseburger.

Sorry babe.

Alright, lemme recap this shiz...

Breakfast was... pasty.  As we already went over.  Well, by the time lunch rolled around I was starving.  A piece of toast with some tuna on it never tasted so good.  And I had a big ole cup o' coffee, because I just didn't feel like green tea was gonna cut it.  I'll admit I cheated a little bit here; I put a teaspoon of light mayo in the tuna, and some unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee.  

I know, I know.  For shame.

I did dinner, sans the ice cream.  I didn't have any green beans so I substituted a 3/4 cup of peas instead.  For the record, you can take slice of deli turkey and roll 'em up around some peas and make little.... turkey and peas burritos..... right.... 

I was doing pretty good until Ryan and I walked into a bar (no pun intended).  I did have a beer, but limited myself to one (instead of my normal three or so).  This may have been the point Ryan got a GIGANTIC burger and I started foaming at the mouth and crying and throwing a temper tantrum.

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

I eventually got myself together and got some fro-yo.  My justification was that beer is unhealthy and fro-yo is healthier than ice cream and for whatever reason Sweet Frog pacifies me.

Last night and all this morning my stomach has been doing some really unpleasant churning and gurgling.  It basically feels like there's some really serious digestion going on, which I guess is the point.

I'm down 1.7 lbs, which I know is NOTHING, but after yesterday's torture it was comforting to see the number on the scale go down a little.

Jillian Michaels and her 30-Day Shred is calling to me.  I'm glad today I actually get to eat some real food.  

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment